Monday, October 12, 2009

A Little of This and A Little of That!

Again I must start with apologies. This past week has been crazy...my mom was in town visiting and my sister just moved back in to town and we've been helping get her settled as she will be staying with us for a little while. On top of the fact that I haven't had a day off since returning from the cake competition and even before that since I was working on the cake like mad.

After tomorrow I finally get two days off to relax! I seriously can not wait. I'm gonna go shopping with my sister (her spending, me moral support, haha) and just relax. And maybe get a few projects for the wedding more organized.

We did manage to squeeze in one little project. We tested the waters in the paper flower world. I bought some tissue paper the other day from the dollar bin at Target (I love that section)! Then we started following this tutorial on making tissue paper carnations.


It was super duper easy to do. My sister is not the craftiest person in the world (no offense big sis) and her's came out awesome! The only adjustment I want to make is to make them bigger. The tutorial says to cut out 3" circles. I think they came out a little small so I may bump it up to 3 1/2" or 4". I've got some experimenting to do.

I want to use these flowers for my bouquet, my girls' bouquets and all boutonnieres and corsages. I usually am not a fan of carnations but when they're all bunched together I think they're very pretty. I want to do some that are an ivory color with yellow edges and some yellow ones. It may also be cute to use some tissue paper that has a blue and yellow design on it (let me know if you've seen anything that I might be able to use).

I love how easily these flowers came together and how quickly. I should be able to tackle this project in no time. Now I've just got to find the right tissue paper.

How successful were your first attempts at DIY? So far mine are all going very smoothly! Do you think it's crazy for me to be starting these projects so far out?

No comments:

Post a Comment