Friday, October 9, 2009

I Made a Huge Purchase on Tuesday Night!

Guess what ladies? I am now the proud owner of my very own wedding dress!!! I am soooo excited! I get to pick it up on November 17th and can't wait. It's from David's Bridal.

(I am going to be adding a sash around the waist in blue for a little color pop.)

Now that I've got my dress, it's going to set the tone for a few other things. It has a slightly vintage-y/1940s look to it. My girls are thinking of picking up the vintage-y feel in their dresses and my jewelry has a vintage feel to it as well. Once I knew I was going to buy this dress (I made the decision about a month ago) my mom offered to buy a necklace and earrings that I found on Overstock.com for me. They're gorgeous! Here's the link: My Jewelry!

I'm also toying with the idea of doing my hair and makeup in a 1940s style. Here are some possibilities:

Hair possibility #1

Hair possibility #2

Makeup possibility #1

Makeup possibility #2

I love the idea of drama with makeup...dark lips and all!

What do ya'll think? Did you run with an idea after you bought your dress?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your dress and all your hair ideas! Personally, I like the first option best but they're all great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress! Congrats! I like option #2 personally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think hair & makeup options #2 fit you best, but that's just my opinion of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Option #2 is my favorite but #3 is nice as well.

    ReplyDelete