Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It's Official...We've Got an Officiant!!!

I'm an so excited to write this post! We have picked our officiant! But....before I tell you who it is I want to explain our process of choosing and why we chose who we did.

I'll start with the obvious. I am not religious at all. I didn't go to church as a kid so it's not important to me to have a minister marry us. My mister is in the same boat. We've got our beliefs but we do what we want with them and don't feel the need to go to church. Plain and simple. I know this isn't the right choice for everyone but it is for us.

So the next option was to look at a Justice of the Peace. This was a viable option but there was something cold and non-personal about this option. I didn't want a complete stranger marrying us.

Thus leads to our ultimate decision. Chose a friend. Trendy, yes, but definitely the best option for us. Well way back when we first started talking about getting married I asked myself what I envisioned our wedding day looking like. After picking my bridal party, the first thing that popped into my head was the guy that would marry us.

I talked to my mister about what I wanted and he agreed that he definitely wanted that same person involved in our wedding in some capacity. However, he decided we should give him a choice: to marry us or stand up for my mister as a Groomsman.

So what did we do? We took him out for Mexican food and margaritas. A little booze never hurt anyone... :) So without further ado, here's our man:


Is he not just the friendliest looking person ever?


Our wonderful friend Guy! He decided to tackle the challenge of marrying us. We chose him because he is a dear friend. Because he's got a great marriage (to a woman who just happens to be Leesa, one of my Co-MOHs)! We are so excited to have a great friend marrying us. The wedding is going to feel so much more personal now what we've made this decision!

How did you make you decision? Was it easy for you or did it take you along time? Are you having a friend or family member marry you?

3 comments:

  1. Nice! We chose a friend to officiate our wedding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ghenet! What made you chose a friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jenn, I'm so happy for you. It's going to be a joyful day. Love-Mom

    ReplyDelete