Monday, June 28, 2010

Getting the Men Dressed

After many discussions involving Jedi robes and Stormtrooper outfits, we decided it would be impossible for me to DIY those outfits for at least six men.


We came to the conclusion that we'd just have to settle on traditional tuxes. And just for the record, we didn't actually consider the costumes mentioned above in actual seriousness. We're not that geeky. My mister might be sometimes, but I'm definitely not. ;)

Anyways...off to Men's Warehouse we went. Since I bought my dress at David's Bridal
, we figured why not use their brother company to outfit the men. As soon as we walked through the doors, we were whisked back to the tuxedo rental department. The saleswoman then began asking questions about style and color. We figured out most of our answers before we even got there since my mister likes to claim that he knows nothing about nothing when it comes to weddings. I didn't want the saleslady to overwhelm poor little him. :)

A while back I posted about how I wanted him to sport suspenders on the big day. He was so not down for that...boo. At least he doesn't want to wear a bow tie. Thank god. So we're going with a blue vest and long tie, plain white shirt, black tux and those wonderful shiny black shoes. We decided with the blue of the vest and tie, it's not necessary to do boutonnieres for the men. That'll save us a little more time and money. We're pinching pennies left and right, y'all, and we're still gonna have a fabulous wedding!


We also decided to outfit our officiant, Guy, in the same thing, but with a black vest and tie. My father will also be wearing this combination so that his wife can wear what ever colors she chooses without clashing with him.


It was also very important to us to keep the cost down for all the men so we chose a tux that comes in under $100. And because more than five tuxes are being rented for our wedding, my mister's tux rental is free! I love free stuff!


So, how'd you chose your groomsmen's attire? Are you going tux, or a bit more casual with a suit?

1 comment:

  1. We did a tux for our guys at our wedding. Our color was midnight blue and we also got them from Mens Warehouse.

    ReplyDelete