Sunday, September 26, 2010

I've Slammed Into a Wall!

A big ole wedding planning brick wall! With under two months to go it's been very difficult to find the motivation to take care of all those pesky little details that have been looming over my head. I come home from work and instead of knocking a few things off my to do list everyday, I ignore it instead.

I'm a bad bad bride-t0-be. But it's a new week and I'm going to be motivated. I've got five weeks left to make it all happen. I've ignited a fire under my butt and I'm off.

I finally got around to doing a test run of my wedding cake (a mini version-more on that later this week.) I also finally went and bought our ushers' ties and am in the process of securing the park pavilion we hope to host our day after brunch in. I'm also supposed to meet with our photographer this week to go over a day-of timeline. Oh and I finally took my dress in for alterations and bustling.

There's really not much left but it seems like a lot. I wish it were October already. I'm very thankful to have had a long enough engagement (15 months) to get everything done, but I think we could have shaved off a few months to avoid this final two month lull.

Have any of you hit a wall while planning? Did you ever just wish the big day was here already?

1 comment:

  1. I dont think i hit a wall but i definitely wished that the big day was already here and over with. I was so relieved after the wedding and glad not to stress about it any more.

    ReplyDelete