Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Not a Lie

So I'm now two days away from gettin' hitched. TWO freakin' days! And I'm here to tell you that when people say the last week before the wedding is crazy, it really is. It's not a lie. It can not be overcome. At least I couldn't do it.

I don't mind the craziness. I actually thrive on chaos. But I did think this week would be a breeze. I've been checking things off my to do list since last August in hopes that this final week would be cake. Literally. I wanted to only have the cakes to worry about this week.

Yeeeaaahhh...not so much. So what exactly have I been doing all week? Running to eight million stores (some more than once), baking cakes, buying presents for ushers and parents, decorating cakes, cleaning, going out to dinner with family that has arrived early, oh, and trying not to go insane.

This week has been packed with weird wedding dreams, fear that it's going to rain on my wedding day (currently there's a 40% chance) and only one slight breakdown after a batch of icing didn't work out.

But I have to say, the programs are done, everything is organized to head to the venue, the groom's cake is complete and the wedding cake is iced and waiting to be decorated in the morning! I'd say this week's been a success. All that's left to do is buy the booze for Saturday, get my nails done and go rehearse for Saturday!

Was your final week crazy? Or did you think you'd be able to battle the norm and have a calm last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment