Saturday, August 29, 2009

Let the Dress Search Begin!!

This is by far the part I'm looking most forward to in the whole wedding planning process. I've always loved wedding dresses. I've still got pictures I ripped out of wedding magazine probably 12 years ago saved away in a file.

I was looking at Unbridaled, a local bridal shoppe's inventory online and found the most beautiful dress in the whole world. The shop mostly carries dresses for the non-traditional bride. This particular dress is part of Modern Trousseau's 2010 collection. It's called the Macey dress. I love love love it!

I'm going to try to go next week sometime to try it on. I can't wait! I also found out that MyDreamDress.com can make it for $245 and they're running a special for free shipping right now. I'm sure the actual dress costs close to $2000 so this may be my only option. I've still got to check the site out a bit more and make sure it's legit. Oh yeah, and try on the dress.

Here are some other dresses that I've fallen in love with:

Monique Lhuillier

Augusta Jones

My dad called me today too and put me on speaker phone with his girlfriend. Apparently a few years ago they considered getting married (something they apparently decided wasn't important enough to share with me). Anyways, his girlfriend went out a bought some expensive dress from a salon that was going out of business. Obviously since she's still his girlfriend, they never went through it. So now she has this dress that she thinks would be perfect for me. And if it's not what I want I can sell it and use the money to buy a dress of my choosing! (This sounds bad but I hope I don't like it or it doesn't fit. I don't want to where her dress.)

***This just in this morning: If I get the dress from the seamstress for $245 my Grandma is willing to pay for it. Sweet!!! I'm going to try it on on Thursday afternoon....hope it looks awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment