Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Search for the Perfect Venue: Part One

My first stop on the venue search was the Allan House. It's a old white Victorian house that's one of the only left in downtown Austin. It's gorgeous. There are indoor and outdoor spaces, three different levels of balconies. It's amazing. Check it out:

This is a shot of the front of the house. Excuse my iffy photography skills.

This is where the ceremony would take place. The trees and the fence line are covered in twinkle lights, there is rope lighting at the base of each step and there are also paper lanterns that hang from the trees. How gorgeous is that?Here's a shot of the multiple balconies!

There's also a huge bridal suite to get ready in with my girls and they're working on creating a groom's suite as well. I like this place. I'm not sure I love it. Unfortunately the price is making me also not love it. It's a shame because this the first, and only at the time, reception venue that I could actually imagine myself in.

I spent this morning researching more locations. I found a few so my next step is to visit those places. Hopefully they are more within my price range. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I got a coupon in my inbox from them the other day, they're running a special for remaining open Sept, Oct, and Nov dates...like half price or something. Any chance that you're THAT close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I saw that too but we're not getting married until next fall.

    ReplyDelete