Saturday, August 15, 2009

My First DIY: For the Ladies

From the beginning, I've always wanted to make my own invitations, Save the Dates, everything. I figured I'd start small and make some "Will you be my Bridesmaid" cards. I think they turned out pretty cute. Here's how I did it:

I went to Archiver's and picked out some pre-made cards. I got dark blue circles, white flower shaped circles and white envelopes. I also picked out a pretty flower stamp and some red ink.


First I started experimenting with fonts on my computer until I found one I liked. Once I found one, I printed "Will you be my bridesmaid" in blue on the white scalloped edged circle. This part was a bit challenging as my printer was being bratty and didn't want to take the paper in straight.


Next I glued those to the larger blue circle. After that I took the flower stamp and added that to the bottom corner of the front. I also used it on the back of the envelopes after I sealed them. I had some issues with the stamp smudging. I think I probably need to give them more time to dry before going on to the next step.


They still needed something so I added a small red bow using some ribbon I already had.


I then glued regular white computer paper on the back of the blue circle and wrote a personal note to each of my three bridesmaids. I hope they love them. I think they turned out cute!

1 comment: