I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! I'm back and ready to push forward for the next ten months until I'm a married lady! (That thought makes me giggle a little bit)
Ok so over the holidays (and a bit before) I've been thinking a lot about photography. I love love love pictures. I'm definitely not that girl that's constantly flashing photos at every get-together but I definitely love putting together meaningful photo albums and scrapbooks when I've got the time. I don't know that I have a specific vision for my wedding photographs, I just want them to be awesome, doesn't everyone?
I've spent the last month or so researching various photographers in Austin. I needed to find a balance between price and quality. I found a photographer that met that criteria through a list of local vendors on theknot.com and was immediately attracted.
They (or maybe just him, I've got to find out) are called Austin Pro Shots and their gallery is very impressive. What was even more impressive was their pricing compared to the quality of the shots. I was jazzed so I sent an email to check availability on our big day. Here are a couple shots from their gallery:
They're available!!! I set up an appointment to meet with Bill, the owner, next Thursday to talk packages, pricing, etc. at the Starbucks down the street from work. So what'd I do next? What any good little organized wedding planner would do...I made a list of questions to ask. Here's what I found online:
1. Will you personally being taking the photos? If not, can I meet the person who will be photographing our day?
2. Do you have a back-up emergency plan in case you are sick or injured?
3. Have you shot at my location (Kindred Oaks) before?
4. Are your packages flexible? (Like what's included....I really don't think an album consultation will be necessary, but I guess you never know)
5. How long after the wedding are proofs available? (I'm kind of impatient)
6. Do you mainly shoot in color or black and white? Or is it a mix of both?
7. What is the payment process? When is a deposit due and how much?
8. What does the album consultation listed in the package include?
9. What does your engagement session include? How many locations and outfit changes are allowed? How many images will we get?
Some of these questions specifically apply to my photographer but I hope this helps you ladies who are not at this stage yet.
What made you choose your photographer? What were you looking for in a photographer?