Saturday, December 19, 2009

Table Pizzazz

It's a bit early but I have figured out what I want my table centerpieces to look like at the reception. I'm definitely shooting for simple, clean and pretty. Oooo and lemons!


Ok, you're probably thinking, "How do lemons go with simple and pretty"? I mean, obviously clean and lemons go together, at least according to Pledge and Pinesol. Well here's how:

I want to start with short square vases. Two to be exact. One smaller than the other and inside the larger. Are you imaging?


Ok, so then I want to take a mandoline (it's on my Amazon wishlist, I'm just waiting for someone to buy it for me, hint hint) and slice my lemons.


Then I will carefully insert the slices of the delicious lemons in between the two vases so that they are standing up. Then inside the second smaller vase I want to place a votive candle. This way the light filters through the lemons. Are you picturing what I'm picturing?


I've still got to think of a little something to maybe go around the vase on each table. Any ideas? What do you think?

I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as I get a mandoline and can do a trial run!

1 comment:

  1. I love the nice clean look of sliced lemons. We are going to be using sliced limes in all of our centerpieces to bring out our green color. I think it will be pretty. Your idea about using candles inside is such a great idea! I think it will be really pretty!

    ReplyDelete