Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Great Stripper Debate

Everyone's seen it....almost every movie involving a bachelor party also involves a stripper. But honestly, how many real life bachelor parties do you know of that involve strippers? I can't think of any.

That leads to the question: How many bachelors actually want a stripper at their bachelor party? I know my fiance doesn't. And he's not just saying that. Most of my other guy friends feel the same way. They'd rather spend their "last free night as a single man" with their buddies hanging out drinking, gaming and shooting the shit. They definitely don't want to spend it getting lap dances.

That's not to say that their aren't guys out there that would very much enjoy a lap dance or ten at their bachelor party. I guess I just don't understand it. What's the point? What's the thrill? I guess I'm just at a loss.

I honestly don't know how I'd feel if my fiance did want a stripper at his bachelor party. I'd be shocked, mostly just because I know him and strippers are not his thing. But past the feeling of shock, I just don't know. I think I'd be disgusted, but I don't know that it'd really go much further than that. He is a grown man and he can make his own decisions and I trust him.

However, if I were a guy, this is the only type of stripper I'd want at my party:

This is a cake I made for a friend's bachelor party who is getting married this coming weekend!

What do ya'll think about strippers at bachelor parties? How many of you even know anyone who has had one? (Maybe it's more common than I think.)

3 comments:

  1. My fiance doesn't care anything about having a stripper at his bachelor party. I think it's just something you see in the movies haha! I don't know of any one who has a stripper at there bachelor party or anyone who has ever wanted one! That's a really cute cake though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that cake is awesome! Great job on it! My fiance doesn't care about having a stripper for his bachelor party either. He just wants to spend time with his friends, going to the range, or go-kart racing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See that's what I thought. No one actually wants to stripper. I think my fiance's planning on having a weekend of video gaming, drinking and eating with his friends. Sounds like more fun then a stripper anyways! :)

    ReplyDelete